1. Freddie Mae Price Richardson (1989)
2. Elijah Richardson, Jr. (7/14/26 - 9/2/62)
3. Sadie Richardson Williams Allen and her son, Elliott R. Williams, Jr. (1988)
4. Gloria Richardson Lang Deming and her two daughters, Yvette Lang Hill and Anita Deming (2000)
5. Sadie & Gloria (1970)
6. (L-R) Sharon Shaw Harris, Vernell Shaw Jr., Sadie Richardson and (bottom) Gloria Deming. Taken in 1954 after Vernell Jr. came home from the Navy.
Freddie Mae Price Richardson was born July 11, 1928 to the parentage of Mr. Freddie Price (1904 - 1947) and Ms. Bertha Mae Shaw (1905 - 1986) and passed away from us Monday, April 5, 2004 at approximately 9:20 pm. Her passing has left a gap in the heart of our family that cannot be filled.
Being the eldest girl in the Amos Matthews-Bertha Shaw Price household, Freddie Mae had a wide assortment of duties to perform. She cared for all of the brothers that came along after her. They treated her with honor and maternal respect. Freddie Mae was cherished as the Matriarch of our extended family from the death of her mother in 1986 to her own death in 2004.
She married Elijah "Potsy" Richardson Jr. (1926 - 1962) in 1948 and remained his wife until both he and she passed away. To this union was born two daughters, Sadie E. Richardson and Gloria D. Richardson. Freddie Mae was left to raise her two daughters alone after Elijah's death in 1962, and did a wonderful job. She has left behind not only her daughters, siblings, cousins, a host of other relatives and friends, but also her three grandchildren (Yvette, Elliott Jr., & Anita) whom she cherished.
For more information on Freddie Mae or Elijah, please click their pictures above